Wednesday, June 16, 2010

MISS COREY INTRODUCTION:

I will first start by introducing myself, my name is Corey Thomas although most people simply know
me by Miss Corey.

I am not quite sure where that nickname got started. I believe it was started by some of my

family members. They first gave me the nickname Little Miss Corey, slowly the "little" part of the nickname was dropped and so Miss Corey was the name that stuck. I have grown quite fond of the term as I feel it is respectable and proper.

I love writing so this is the reason I have started a blog. A few of my close friends have convinced me to purse this form of writing. I write about many different subjects. A few examples would be Poetry, Short Stories, Fiction, Non-Fiction, as well as Modern Manners and Etiquette.

Modern Manners and Etiquette will most likely be my main subject for this blog, but I will post a few of my poems as well.

As I am growing older, I have become very fascinated by etiquette and manners. I think I have read just about every book out on the market on this subject. As I continue to teach myself what is the "proper and respectable" way of acting around others and in social situations. I find myself observing those around me. How they present themselves in society. I have noticed that manners and etiquette have become less important in these peoples daily lives, as they once use to be held with such high regard.

It deeply saddens me how ladies act in this modern day. The ladies that I have observed do not have respect for others, but more importantly for themselves. I have come to learn that when you respect yourself, hold your head high and confident other people tend to respect you more highly.

I have created this blog in hopes that ladies and gentleman will read this and take these modern day rules of etiquette into their daily lives. I will be writing on many subjects regarding the matter.

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction to my new blog. I hope I can help educate others and make this world a little more well mannered.

Sincerely,

MISS COREY



2 comments: